ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Default Khúc Trường Tương Tư

Hi ThanhGiang,

Your name and your lovesick remind me of a poem that I learned... long time ago. It's "Khúc Trường Tương Tư"

Xưa thật là xưa, có anh học trò tên là Lý Sinh, đi lên tỉnh để học. Anh ta ở trọ nhà của cái ông nào đó, có cô con gái tên là Ý Nương. Hai anh chị yêu nhau, nhưng khi ông bố cô gái biết được, ông ta đuổi Lý Sinh đi chổ (chỗ) khác chơi.

Ý Nương buồn quá, làm cái bài thơ dài nữa (nửa) trang giấy mà Bear không nhớ hết. Vì hồi đó Internet chưa được thịnh hành, cô ta đành nhờ người nhà leo lên xe ngựa, đi tìm Lý Sinh rồi đưa cho chàng thư sinh con nhà nghèo, nhưng học giỏi và đẹp trai, cái bài thơ tình tứ của cô ta.

Đây là đoạn mà Bear còn nhớ:

Quân tại Tương Giang đầu
    Thiếp tại Tương Giang vĩ
    Tương tư bất tương kiến
    Đồng ẩm Tương Giang thủy...

Rồi từ hôm đó, sông Tương trở thành popular. That's all I remember.

Similarly, you are at one end of the Internet, the girl is at the other end of the Internet. You miss her, but you can't see her. However, you two are using the same Internet.

Isn't it neat?

Last edited by Bear Lac Loi; Dec 20, 2008 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Lac Loi View Post
    Í, cái message của Thanks biến đâu mất rồi :o
    Thanks buried it, mà thầy Bear hỏi nên Thanks restored it.

* Mủi lòng: Thanks thấy có nhiều forum ghi là "mũi lòng" (dấu ngã)... nhưng từ nhỏ lớn, khi đọc truyện của những nhà xuất bản lớn hay đọc những tờ báo có uy tín thì dùng dấu hỏi "mủi lòng", vì vậy thầy Bear dùng dấu hỏi "mủi lòng" cho chắc ăn nha.

Hai anh chị yêu nhau, nhưng khi ông bố cô gái biết được, ông ta đuổi Lý Sinh đi chổ (chỗ) khác chơi.

Ý Nương buồn quá, làm cái bài thơ dài nữa (nửa) trang giấy mà Bear không nhớ hết.
    Còn cái chữ "nói năn" thì Bear cứ nghĩ là như chử (chữ) "ăn năn" Đúng là số con rệp.

Thanks Thanks. (The first Thanks means thank you, the second Thanks is your name)
    Yeah

Last edited by ThanksForTeachingMe; Dec 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM.

Default Don't Give Up. Not Yet Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thanhgiangj View Post
    Dear Mr Bear,
    Thank you very much for your help. The song is my favorite too. You are also a very sentimental and kind man. I like you.
    The letter you wrote for me has been sent. I also got her reply for the letter. She accepted my request. But the relation between us is just limited in two words: " online friends".What are "online friends"? friends who just chat with each other on the Net, send messages to each other beginning with "hi, hello.." boring!!!! perhaps she just wants to console me for my failure. I'm very sad. I know now I'm a loser.
    I feel your frustration. Having to keep the relationship limited to online chatting is not a complete relationship for many people. I wish I had written a better love letter for you, so the lady friend would have agreed to meet with you. I realized that my skill in writing love letters still leaves much to be desired. Well, at least she didn’t cầm đòn gánh and run after you. YAY.

I agree with you. Online chat can really be frustrating, and I know how you feel. Sometimes, when you have so much affection for the lady that you just want to reach out and touch her. You want to hold her hands, to look straight into her eyes, and let her feel how much you love her. You want to hug her tight, but nothing sexually, you just want to feel her heartbeat next to yours and to treasure the comfort of holding the one you love … but you can’t. Welcome to the online world, where love can be true love without the physical. It’s the love among the words, the minds, the spirits, and the imaginations, but not about the appearance and the unsaintly physical desire.

And there is not much you can do about it if she doesn’t want to see you in real life.

Don’t be discouraged, however. It doesn’t mean that she doesn’t like you. She may feel about you the way you do about her, too. She was just ... undecided. And remember, there are things in life that we can’t get, but there are those that we can make the best out of. You can’t have her in reality, but she is yours virtually. Probably.

Let’s just keep in touch with her. Say good morning to her in the morning. Bid her goodnight at the bed time. Write to her the way you always do. Talk to her like she’s in front of you. Just think of her as if she’s your heart, your soul, your happiness, your sadness, or your dream. And yes, dream of her as if she is the only girl in the world.

When you’re in love, you'd feel the love.

One day, maybe, she’ll let you be hers.

Or so you would hope.

PS: If you don't know what to tell her, send her this song: "Words Don't Come Easy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrEuKW9cdo4

Last edited by Handsome Bear; Oct 11, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

gdpt- Guest

I think I am falling in love with you.

Can you really love someone you've never actually met? Is it just a bogus exaggeration of love...? After all, isn't it just based on a virtual reality?

Can a person's writing accurately portray who they really are?

I think writting style of people reflect (right word?) their own characteristic a bit. Like me, I often write some extra-short comment and I don't like to talk much in real life.

Default Thank you all!

Dear Mr Bear, dỉ 13, gdpt and Thuy Quai,
    Thank you very much for your consolations. " A friend in need is a friend in deed". Frustration makes me down, but I still have lots of good friends like you guys!
    Mr Bear, I know you want to console me. Yes, I can send her " good morning" every morning to get her reply one morning in the.. next month!
    You know what? It's true that I send her a message to wait for her reply for weeks. " I'm a little busy!", she always says. Does she imply " Could you please not to bother me like that , man!" ?

Dear thanhgiangj,

If that lady doesn't want to talk to you, just ignore her and come to ESE to learn English and have fun with us. Or if you want to practise writing love letters, just write and post them here for Mr. Bear to correct your writing. Until another day you'll meet a special girl who has some feeling with you and you've got enough ideas and words and braveness to win her heart.
    Good luck and enjoy your time.

Default Thank you Little Toad,

Thank you very much for your advice, Little Toad. I'll try to forget that person, still I know it's difficult. Our heart always has its own reason that our mind cannot control. Anyway, I will try. Thank you Little Toad.

Default Dear Mr Bear,

Mr Bear, please correct me if I make a mistake.

Dear Mr Bear,
    I regard you as my senior best friend. Thank you for your consolation letter. Also, thank you for lots of advice from friends from ESE: di13,ptgp,thuyquai and little toad. Thank you you all. At least I don't feel lonely at this moment.
    Mr Bear, I appreciated the love song you sent me. Never before had I deeply understood every lyric, though it's quite familiar with me.
    " Forget her!", "Ly tri" orders me, meanwhile my heart hesitates: " but... she's perfect. You can't find anyone so perfect."
    " She's already had a boy- friend. That's why she rejects you", "Ly tri" tells me. " You're lying to yourself. There's no evidence for that."
    I'm suffering as my heart and "ly tri" struggle with each other. I hate my heart. It's always on her side. I get angry with "ly tri" because it's too weak to defeat the obstinating heart. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by thanhgiangj View Post
    Mr Bear, please correct me if I make a mistake.

Dear Mr Bear,
    I regard you as my senior best friend. Thank you for your consolation letter. Also, thank you for lots of advice from friends from ESE: di13,ptgp,thuyquai and little toad. Thank you you all. At least I don't feel lonely at this moment.
    Mr Bear, I appreciated the love song you sent me. Never before had I deeply understood every lyric, though it's quite familiar with me.
    " Forget her!", "Ly tri" orders me, meanwhile my heart hesitates: " but... she's perfect. You can't find anyone so perfect."
    " She's already had a boy- friend. That's why she rejects you", "Ly tri" tells me. " You're lying to yourself. There's no evidence for that."
    I'm suffering as my heart and "ly tri" struggle with each other. I hate my heart. It's always on her side. I get angry with "ly tri" because it's too weak to defeat the obstinating heart. What can I do?
    Dear Mr. Bear,

I regard you as my senior best friend. Thank you for your consolation letter. Also, thank you for lots of advice from friends from ESE: (prefer: I also like to thank for the advice from my ESE friends, including) di13, ptgp (gdpt), thuyquai and little toad. Thank you you (delete: you) all. At least I don't feel lonely at this moment.

Mr Bear, I appreciated (appreciate) the love song you sent me. Never before had (have) I deeply understood every (the) lyric, though it's quite familiar with (to) me.

"Forget her!", (delete comma) "Ly tri" orders me, (period) meanwhile my heart hesitates: "but... she's perfect. You can't find anyone so perfect."

"She's already had (She already has) a boy- friend (boyfriend). That's why she rejects you (comma)", (delete comma) "Ly tri" tells me. "You're lying to yourself. There's no evidence for (of) that. (comma)" (add: my heart says.)

I'm suffering as my heart and "ly tri" struggle with each other. I hate my heart. It's always on her side. I get angry with (at) "ly tri" because it's too weak to defeat the obstinating (obstinate) heart. What can I do?

Note:
    When using the term Lý Trí, do you mean logic?

Last edited by Bear Lac Loi; Dec 22, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast