PDA

View Full Version : disappointment with your room in paltalk.

anglorthoglots
Oct 24, 2011, 04:03 PM
Dear ESE:
Not until today October 24, at 3;45 pm have I for the first time joined in with English Sharing Experience. To my disappointment, the op in the room just ignored my raising hand, rambling with trivial thing in Vietnamese, even I tried to text her many times. I wonder if it really worths it to have such a room on Paltalk.

Jarmargun is my momentrary nick that time.
and the op is nhuphu or so!

Bear Lac Loi
Oct 24, 2011, 08:36 PM
Dear Anglorthoglots,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
We apologize for having disappointed you yesterday.<o:p></o:p>
Since this was the first time you attended our ESE room on Paltalk, you might have wondered about our policy or operation. I was not in the room; therefore, I cannot explain the circumstance. However, my guess was that you came in during free-time, i.e. the class was not in session, and the room was handled by either a bot or an operator who may or may not be an instructor.<o:p></o:p>
During free-time, ESE ops are there to ensure a healthy learning environment in the room and are not obligated to conduct English classes. However, we would welcome any additional suggestions to improve the room’s operation.<o:p></o:p>
I hope you will have a better experience with ESE room next time. Should you like to know our schedule, please follow this link: http://tienganh.net/schedule.php (http://tienganh.net/schedule.php). <o:p></o:p>
I am looking forward to your participating in our community and assisting others with your excellent English writing.<o:p></o:p>
Sincerely,<o:p></o:p>
Bear

HcVcT
Oct 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
Dear Anglorthoglots,

As we ask for your understanding that our classes are not scheduled to fill all 24 hours in a day, I concur with Bear-Lac-Loi that an audio bot was probably being played while you were in the room.

From the location you had posted this feedback, I would guess you are in VietNam. 3:45 PM in VietNam is 1:45 AM in the Pacific time zone which includes California and Washington in the US and western Canada. It is also 4:45 AM in the Eastern time zone in the US which includes Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and Florida. These are where most of our US instructors live. It is understandable that most of the US instructors would be asleep at such time, hence, the room would have been handled by an audio bot.

Furthermore, NhuPhu is a male operator. As you had mentioned of the "rambling of a female voice", it's a clear indication to me that NhuPhu was playing a previously recorded session which would serve as a review session for the listeners. Participation would not have been a part of a review session as the actual recorded instructor would not have been around.

My question to you would be... As a Vietnamese, did you find the information on the review useful? How do you mean in your post "trivia thing in Vietnamese"?

Most students who come to ESE understand there are many ways of learning -- by talking, by speaking, by listening, and by analyzing. Most students also understand that being on the mic to speak to an instructor is not the only way to learn. As a matter of fact, we can understand more if we would actually listen to what was discussed and analyze the content of each lesson.

We encourage you to come into room ESE. If you're looking for class participation, please make sure you are in when there are actual classes being held. Please check with our schedule for those classes.

I can reassure you that such a room is "worth it" being around as (1) we provide help in the English language for free. (2) we provide many ways to help others with the English Language. and (3) we have many dedicated instructors and operators trying to find new ways to help.

You ended your note that you wonder if it is really worth it to have such a room on paltalk. Paltalk is a place for entertainment. We have placed a helpful and educational environment in the midst of an entertainment world. I am simply curious as to what you have in mind. Should all the help and educational room be closed leaving paltalk strictly to entertainment?

I too wonder if the statement you had made might have been harsh and prematurely stated. I beg for your understanding and a clear thought process. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive to improve our ESE room to be educational and beneficial to all our friends, who mostly are Vietnamese.

Best Regards,
HcVcT

anglorthoglots
Nov 2, 2011, 01:17 PM
Dear Anglorthoglots,

As we ask for your understanding that our classes are not scheduled to fill all 24 hours in a day, I concur with Bear-Lac-Loi that an audio bot was probably being played while you were in the room.

From the location you had posted this feedback, I would guess you are in VietNam. 3:45 PM in VietNam is 1:45 AM in the Pacific time zone which includes California and Washington in the US and western Canada. It is also 4:45 AM in the Eastern time zone in the US which includes Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and Florida. These are where most of our US instructors live. It is understandable that most of the US instructors would be asleep at such time, hence, the room would have been handled by an audio bot.

Furthermore, NhuPhu is a male operator. As you had mentioned of the "rambling of a female voice", it's a clear indication to me that NhuPhu was playing a previously recorded session which would serve as a review session for the listeners. Participation would not have been a part of a review session as the actual recorded instructor would not have been around.

My question to you would be... As a Vietnamese, did you find the information on the review useful? How do you mean in your post "trivia thing in Vietnamese"?

Most students who come to ESE understand there are many ways of learning -- by talking, by speaking, by listening, and by analyzing. Most students also understand that being on the mic to speak to an instructor is not the only way to learn. As a matter of fact, we can understand more if we would actually listen to what was discussed and analyze the content of each lesson.

We encourage you to come into room ESE. If you're looking for class participation, please make sure you are in when there are actual classes being held. Please check with our schedule for those classes.

I can reassure you that such a room is "worth it" being around as (1) we provide help in the English language for free. (2) we provide many ways to help others with the English Language. and (3) we have many dedicated instructors and operators trying to find new ways to help.

You ended your note that you wonder if it is really worth it to have such a room on paltalk. Paltalk is a place for entertainment. We have placed a helpful and educational environment in the midst of an entertainment world. I am simply curious as to what you have in mind. Should all the help and educational room be closed leaving paltalk strictly to entertainment?

I too wonder if the statement you had made might have been harsh and prematurely stated. I beg for your understanding and a clear thought process. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive to improve our ESE room to be educational and beneficial to all our friends, who mostly are Vietnamese.

Best Regards,
HcVcT

No harm done!
I meant trivial things, not trivia quiz. Did I mistype?
By trivial things, I mean: chuyện vặt vảnh! not serious!
Yes, I am from Vietnam.
Thanks for considerateness!
At last, I realize It's worth spending time with the room in paltalk.
I care for this because I am Vietnamese citizen.

vivaviet
Nov 7, 2011, 02:53 PM
Hey bear lac loi
are you here to help or to show off your english skill?

We apologize for having disappointed you yesterday?????????????????
I am looking forward to your participating in our community and assisting others with your excellent English writing?????????????
Sincerely,???????????????????????????
Writing in English is not like writing in Vietnamese somehow

Virtual Girl
Nov 7, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey bear lac loi

We apologize for having disappointed you yesterday?????????????????
I am looking forward to your participating in our community and assisting others with your excellent English writing?????????????
Sincerely,???????????????????????????
Writing in English is not like writing in Vietnamese somehow

Hello vivaviet,

I don't like you and your comments. Your comments sound impolite and lack of respect to others.

Please be nice when you comment. Thank you.

Virtual Girl.

Dieu_nhac
Nov 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
http://tienganh.net/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by vivaviet http://tienganh.net/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://tienganh.net/showthread.php?p=23683#post23683)

Hey bear lac loi

If thày Bear Lac Loi is here to show off his English skills, then what is your purpose for being here? It seems to me that you are not just looking for trouble, you are asking for it. If you keep posting comments like that, you will be thrown into detention without a doubt.

Nếu bạn còn viết lên những lời phê bình thiếu tư cách như trên, thì bạn sẽ được tiễn vào lãnh cung.