Does money have absolute value?
Naturally, money is a decisive factor in the career of a man, so nobody can deny its important role and its value in his daily activities. That we would like to discuss here is to what extent money is valuable and whether it has an absolute power, or more simply speaking, whether it is a key which can open every door as some people think.
Whether we can buy everything with money or not always remains an eternal problem. The reply to this question is naturally not difficult at all. Through his daily experience, everybody knows that without money, you will have nothing. To poor people, money enables them to buy the things extremely necessary for their lives. As for a college student, money provides him with more opportunities for his further study. With people whose material life has relatively been settled, money helps them have the luxurious things, which make their life more comfortable. Money, therefore, has its great value to every walk of life.
However, we all admit that money does not have an absolute power or as a writer once put it. “Money does not talk as loudly as some people think.” This means, with money, you can solve many of the problems you want, but in some cases, money becomes powerless. This is when it causes much trouble to you.
A man, however rich he may be, can do nothing but wait for death once he suffers from an incurable disease and once the most prominent doctors have to give up. Money then becomes useless to him. Another famous writer also said, “You enter the world without a penny and you leave it the same way.”
In short, money does have some value, but it does not have any absolute power. Therefore, the problem is how we should use our money so that it is both useful to us and to the society. A rich man can bring nothing with him at his death, but he can leave his good reputation if, in his life, he has used his money to relieve the suffering of others.
QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION
- Can we buy anything with money? And, do you think that money can create happiness, material and spiritual a like?
- Are people these days more and more interested in making money?
- “Money is a good servant but a bad master” is it right?
- Is money a magic stick to solve all problems? Is it a key which can open every door?
- Without money, could you make yourself cheap to earn money?
- ‘Money is the root of all evils,” your comment? To me, there is nothing good or evil about money. Your opinion?
- Money is stupid measure of achievement. Your opinion?
- Honors change manners, that is, when becoming rich, people usually forget all things in their difficult lives in the past. Do you think so?
- Money is the fruit of labor. Can you know how to spend money correctly and usefully? Those who waste money usually have to live miserable days at the end of their life, is it true?
Last edited by HcVcT; Apr 4, 2011 at 10:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to datrongcat For This Useful Post:
OoSoOSwtJenna (Apr 4, 2011)