Match up the following terms with their definitions.
Noun - Modifier - Comma Splice - Adjective - Gerund - Preposition - Adverb - Fragment - Pronoun - Antecedent
- Modifies nouns and pronouns, usually by describing, identifying or quantifying those words.
- Modifies verbs, adjectives and other adverbs, or entire clauses.
- A word or group of words that a pronoun replaces or refers to.
- Results from placing only a comma between clauses.
- An incomplete sentence.
- Has the same form as a present participle, ends in –ing, and functions as a noun.
- Enriches writing, making it more concrete by adding detail.
- A person, place, thing or concept.
- Often serves as a shorter form of nouns or other pronouns, so you do not have to repeat a word you have already mentioned.
- Structural word that expresses relationships in time, space or other senses between nouns or pronouns and other words in a sentence.
- Video learning - Interviewing skills
- How To Improve Your Writing Skills
- Communication Skills
- 10 Tips to Improve Your Reading Skills
- How to improve your English skills