Missing Person(Part 9)

1/Kathy ___ back in the room with ___ dinner, ___ ___ with chicken.
Kathy CAME back in the room with TONIGHT’S dinner, ITALIAN PASTA with chicken.

2/As we ___ , I ___ Kathy about ___ and her ___ sister.
As we ATE, I TOLD Kathy about ANNE and her MISSING sister.

3/“A ___ man came to Sarah and Bill Salas’s apartment building two days ago, ___ them ___ into a car, and took them away,” I ___.
“A STRANGE man came to Sarah and Bill Salas’s apartment building two days ago, FORCED them BOTH into a car, and took them away,” I EXPLAINED.

4/ “Today, the man let Bill go and told him to get a ___ a ___ dollars, or he would kill Sarah.” “And how did you get ___ up in all this?” Kathy ___.
“Today, the man let Bill go and told him to get a HALF a MILLION dollars, or he would kill Sarah.” “And how did you get MIXED up in all this?” Kathy ASKED.

5/“___ sister Anne is my student at ___. She ___ me to ___ her a ___, and I said ‘yes’.”

“SARAH’S sister Anne is my student at USC. She ASKED me to LEND her a HAND, and I said ‘yes’.”

6/“So ___ do you ___ ___ ___ could be?” she asked.
“So WHO do you THINK THE KIDNAPPERS could be?” she asked.

7/“Well, Bill and Anne gave me the ___ of two ___ of Pardo ___ . ___ going to see one of them tonight.”
“Well, Bill and Anne gave me the NAMES of two EX-EMPLOYEES of Pardo COMPUTERS. I’M going to see one of them tonight.”

8/“Where ___ ___ person work?” Kathy asked. “He now ___ at a ___ ___ near the airport.”
“Where DOES THIS person work?” Kathy asked. “He now WORKS at a STRIP CLUB near the airport.”

9/“___ not the person who took Sarah,” Kathy said ___ . “Why do you say that? I haven’t even ___ to him yet,” I said, ___ .
“HE’S not the person who took Sarah,” Kathy said CONFIDENTLY. “Why do you say that? I haven’t even TALKED to him yet,” I said, SURPRISED.

10/“___ me. The man you want is ___ , very smart. Smart ___ don’t work at strip ___ .”
“TRUST me. The man you want is SMART, very smart. Smart MEN don’t work at strip CLUBS.”

11/Kathy was ___ right. I ______ her for the ___ dinner, and told her I would call her tomorrow if I ___ out anything.
Kathy was PROBABLY right. I THANKED her for the WONDERFUL dinner, and told her I would call her tomorrow if I FOUND out anything.

12/Even though I trust ___ ___, I ___ to go visit this ___ employee anyway, just to be sure he wasn’t the one who took Sarah.
Even though I trust KATHY’S JUDGMENT, I DECIDED to go visit this FORMER employee anyway, just to be sure he wasn’t the one who took Sarah.

13/I drove my car down La Brea. Suddenly I ___ an ___ ___ on the police ___ in my car.
I drove my car down La Brea. Suddenly I HEARD an EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT on the police SCANNER in my car.

14/The radio ___ ___ ___ ___ the police ___ in the city.
The radio PICKS UP ALL OF the police COMMUNICATION in the city.

15/ I ___ ___ put into my car so I could hear any important police ___ ___ to my ___.
I HAD IT put into my car so I could hear any important police ACTION RELATED to my CASES.

16/I ___ ___ ___ and ___ up the volume.
I IMMEDIATELY PULLED OVER and CRANKED up the volume.

17/___ was ___ ___ on the ___ ___ a black Mercedes.
THERE was AN ACCIDENT on the FREEWAY INVOLVING a black Mercedes.

18/The woman in the car was ___ . I ___ closely to the name as the radio ___ gave the ___ : young Latina female, age 22, name--Anne Pardo.
The woman in the car was HURT. I LISTENED closely to the name as the radio OPERATOR gave the DETAILS: young Latina female, age 22, name--Anne Pardo.

________

Các bạn nhấn ctrl + A (bôi đen toàn bài) để xem đáp án. Nghe lại phần 1, phần 2,phần 3, phần 4, phần 5, phần 6, phần 7, phần 8.

Nghe lại các bài cũ: Click_here

===

Sorry ca'c bạn vì một vài sự cố nên hôm nay Love mới post được bài này!.