Missing Person(Part 6)

1/“We ___ to go, Dr. Reeves!” Anne said ___. “That ___ Bill ___ the phone.
“We HAVE to go, Dr. Reeves!” Anne said EXCITEDLY. “That WAS Bill ON the phone.

2/ He is ___ a ___ ___ Cafe Pico. Sarah’s been ___!”
He is AT a RESTAURANT CALLED Cafe Pico. Sarah’s been KIDNAPPED!”

3/“___? Are you sure?” I ___, ___ ___.
“KIDNAPPED? Are you sure?” I ASKED, SOMEWHAT INCREDULOUSLY.

4/“I’m sure. Someone has ___ Sarah,” Anne ___. “Bill said that a man is holding her, and he will kill her if we don’t give him the ___ he’s ___.”
“I’m sure. Someone has TAKEN Sarah,” Anne REPLIED. “Bill said that a man is holding her, and he will kill her if we don’t give him the RANSOM he’s DEMANDING.”

5/ Anne was ___ me to the door of the ___. “Come on! Bill said he will ___ at the ___.”
Anne was PULLING me to the door of the APARTMENT. “Come on! Bill said he will EXPLAIN at the RESTAURANT.”

6/I ___ the door to the apartment and ___ Anne down the ___ and ___ my car.
I CLOSED the door to the apartment and FOLLOWED Anne down the STAIRS and INTO my car.

7/The ___ was ___ for Los Angeles: sunny, 75 ___, with brown ___ covering the city.
The WEATHER was TYPICAL for Los Angeles: sunny, 75 DEGREES, with brown SMOG covering the city.

8/___ is a city of ___.But for some people, ___ a city of ___.
L.A. is a city of DREAMS.But for some people, IT’S a city of NIGHTMARES.

9/Anne and I ___down Robertson Boulevard in my old red Mustang, going ___ cars as fast as we could without ___ a ___-___.
Anne and I DROVE down Robertson Boulevard in my old red Mustang, going AROUND cars as fast as we could without CAUSING a PILE-UP.

10/“Where is this cafe again?” I ___ her. “___ Robertson and Pico, next to a ___,” Anne ___.
“Where is this cafe again?” I ASKED her. “ON Robertson and Pico, next to a BOOKSTORE,” Anne ANSWERED.

11/She was ___ ___. You could ___ ___ in her eyes.
She was JUSTIFIABLY NERVOUS. You could TELL IT in her eyes.

http://eseonline.net/s/files/19/My%20Documents/Dictation101113/Sentence12.mp3
12/___ a few ___ later, we found a place to ___ in front of the bookstore, and ___ into the Cafe.
ARRIVING a few MINUTES later, we found a place to PARK in front of the bookstore, and WALKED into the Cafe.

13/Bill was there waiting for us. “Bill! Oh my God, Bill, what ___?” Anne ___ Bill, who ___ ___ and ___.
Bill was there waiting for us. “Bill! Oh my God, Bill, what HAPPENED?” Anne HUGGED Bill, who LOOKED TIRED and WORRIED.

14/“Oh, this is my friend, Dr. Darron Reeves.” Anne said. “Dr. Reeves, this is Bill. Dr. Reeves is my ___ at ___. But he is ___ a very good ___.
“Oh, this is my friend, Dr. Darron Reeves.” Anne said. “Dr. Reeves, this is Bill. Dr. Reeves is my PROFESSOR at USC. But he is ALSO a very good DETECTIVE.

15/When I ___ out that you and Sarah ___ missing, I went to him for help.” “___ good to ___ you, Bill,” I said. “Um, yeah, I’m glad to meet you, too,” Bill said.
When I FOUND out that you and Sarah WERE missing, I went to him for help.” “IT’S good to MEET you, Bill,” I said. “Um, yeah, I’m glad to meet you, too,” Bill said.

16/Bill, Anne, and I ___ ___ at a table in front of the cafe. The ___ came to ___ ___ order.
Bill, Anne, and I SAT DOWN at a table in front of the cafe. The WAITRESS came to TAKE OUR order.

17/I asked for a glass of ___ tea. I’m a bit of a ___ ___, ___ be told.
I asked for a glass of ICED tea. I’m a bit of a CAFFEINE ADDICT, TRUTH be told.

18/“Bill, tell us what ___ to Sarah. ___ she okay?” Anne ___ ___.
“Bill, tell us what HAPPENED to Sarah. IS she okay?” Anne ASKED IMPATIENTLY.

19/“Sarah ___ fine for now,” Bill said. “But for awhile, I ___ ___ of us would be ___.
“Sarah IS fine for now,” Bill said. “But for awhile, I THOUGHT BOTH of us would be KILLED.

20/Two days ago, a strange man ___ on our door at the apartment. I ___ the door, and before I knew what was happening, he had a gun in my face and was ___ ___ at me.”
Two days ago, a strange man KNOCKED on our door at the apartment. I OPENED the door, and before I knew what was happening, he had a gun in my face and was SHOUTING OBSCENITIES at me.”

21/“What did he look like?” I ___. “He was tall and ___,” said Bill, “but he ___ a ___ hat, so I couldn’t see his face very well.
“What did he look like?” I ASKED. “He was tall and MUSCULAR,” said Bill, “but he WORE a SKI hat, so I couldn’t see his face very well.

22/He had a ___, I think. It all ___ so ___.” “That’s ___. Go on,” I said.
He had a MUSTACHE, I think. It all HAPPENED so FAST.” “That’s OKAY. Go on,” I said.

23/“Well, the man took Sarah and me and put us in a car. He put a small ___ around our eyes, ___ our legs and hands together, and then drove us to another place. We were ___ out of the car and into a small, ___ room.
“Well, the man took Sarah and me and put us in a car. He put a small TOWEL around our eyes, TIED our legs and hands together, and then drove us to another place. We were FORCED out of the car and into a small, DINGY room.

24/“We were ___ ___ ___ a day. I’m not sure how many ___ there were holding us there.
“We were GIVEN FOOD TWICE a day. I’m not sure how many KIDNAPPERS there were holding us there.

25/I ___ several ___ outside the door, maybe ___ or four, I’m not ___.
I HEARD several VOICES outside the door, maybe THREE or four, I’m not SURE.

26/___ this morning, about an hour ago, I was let go, and given a ___: If I wanted Sarah to be ___ free, I had to pay a ___ of ___.”
FINALLY this morning, about an hour ago, I was let go, and given a MESSAGE: If I wanted Sarah to be SET free, I had to pay a RANSOM of $500,000.”

________

Các bạn nhấn ctrl + A (bôi đen toàn bài) để xem đáp án. Nghe lại phần 1, phần 2,phần 3, phần 4, phần 5 và nghe tiếp phần 7 .

Nghe lại các bài cũ: Click_here