BOY SOUP (Part 2)

Written and illustrated by Loris Lesynski
Published By Annick Press

---

11/They just ___ see - the ___ they were grabbing could ___ them. Too late! That's how the giant ___ five boys - and Kate.
They just DIDN'T see - the BRANCH they were grabbing could GRAB them. Too late! That's how the giant GOT five boys - and Kate.

12/"Why should I ___ ___-" the giant began, when ___ angry children ___ his plan.
"Why should I FEEL GUILTY-" the giant began, when SIX angry children PROTESTED his plan.

13/"- It's here in this ___ ___ book!" Kate ___, "Before ___, could I have a look?"
"- It's here in this AUTHORIZED MEDICAL book!" Kate ASKED, "Before SUPPER, could I have a look?"

14/She ___ every word in the ___ ___ and said, "May I have ___ a minute to think?" -but "No!" snapped the giant.
She READ every word in the FADED INK and said, "May I have JUST a minute to think?" -but "No!" snapped the giant.

15/"Boys, into the ___! I've ___ and a ___, I'm ___ and I'm hot."
"Boys, into the POT! I've CHILLS and a FEVER, I'm COLD and I'm hot."

16/And then with a ___ splat ___ his nose as the boys ___ with ___ from their heads to their toes.
And then with a THUNDEROUS splat BLEW his nose as the boys SHOOK with FEAR from their heads to their toes.

17/Kate ___ her ___ at a ___ rate to save all her friends from this ___ fate. The giant was ready. Oh, how could they ___ ?
Kate RACKED her BRAIN at a FURIOUS rate to save all her friends from this HIDEOUS fate. The giant was ready. Oh, how could they FLEE?

18/ Their ten ___ running ___ - that was the key! Just as the giant came closer to scoop the lads for his horrid medicinal soup, Kate gave a ___ , the ___ look.
Their ten RUBBER running SHOES- that was the key! Just as the giant came closer to scoop the lads for his horrid medicinal soup, Kate gave a SIGNAL, the TINIEST look.

19/The boys understood. They ___ to the book and ___ a dance, half a ___, haf-run, and ___ back and forth on page seventy-one.
The boys understood. They LEAPT to the book and STARTED a dance, half a SHUFFLE, haf-run, and JOGGED back and forth on page seventy-one.

20/Up the page,down the page ___, ___ - 'til most of ___ word was ___ by their feet.
Up the page,down the page SIDESTEP, REPEAT - 'til most of EACH word was ERASED by their feet.

21/"Now I ___ check it!" the giant ___. But Kate said, "I've read it, ___ ___ explain.
"Now I CAN'T check it!" the giant COMPLAINED. But Kate said, "I've read it, I'LL GLADLY explain.

22/ The book said ___ clearly-___ ___ I am sure - Boy Soup is soup ___ by boys,
that's the ___."
The book said QUITE clearly-OF THIS I am sure - Boy Soup is soup MADE by boys, that's the CURE."

(to be continued)

________

Các bạn nhấn ctrl + A (bôi đen toàn bài) để xem đáp án. Nghe lại phần 1phần 3

Nghe lại các bài cũ: Click_here