ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Smile Misty's IELTS Corner

Hi everybody!!! Welcome to my first ever ESE Thread. This is especially made for those who would like their "writing tasks" checked. Please indicate the question given to you first before posting your compositions. If you have any other inquiries, you may send me a private message here or call me on skype (skype ID: mistylexy). I'm usually online from 7am - 4pm VN time. You may also participate in our voice conferences for IELTS preparation via skype. Just let me know so I could give you the schedule. Thanks!!!

Similar Threads:

Other Threads:

hehe i would like to be the first student in your class for sure :p

I would like to join your class, plz give me the schedule.

sure... as what we've talked on skype, you're most welcome to join at your available time. Hope to hear from you on Monday! You may post your writing tasks here also. Thanks!

Last edited by mistylexy; Aug 21, 2010 at 02:22 AM.

Well, I always have one or two reports in each subject. Now I know the place where I can find a help .
    Thank Misty very much.

Last edited by chalks86; Aug 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

reports? for what? Oh ok.... I'm still waiting for your email....

Thank you Mistytexy so much..

you're welcome....

Lightbulb Writing Task 2. Topic #1.

Writing Task 2. Topic #1. (Feel free to answer this question.)

Many old buildings are protected by law because they are part of a nation's history. However, some people think old buildings should be knocked down to make way for new ones because people need houses and offices. How important is it to maintain old buildings? Should history stand in the way of progress?

(sent by an ~anonymous~)

Currently, there are some buildings which reflect the history of the nation through its age or outlook. However, in some countries buildings like those are not well looked after. Because of this, some people think that they should be replaced by new ones in order to fulfill the inhabitants' needs of house and office. In my opinion, every nation should protect those buildings by law and maintain them.

First of all, those historical buildings cannot be treated as simple structures. No matter how useless they are, they symbolize the identity of the nation they belong to. Those which are protected by law are mostly the ones who has been through wars and seen through centuries. They can bring the visitors back to those years they were built. Moreover, sometimes they are the reason why the country is visited by a large number of tourists. In Germany, there are numerous buildings that is protected by the government although they are located in an area where the population is high, nevertheless, they are used neither as housing nor business operation.

Second, there are many examples of historical buildings that are converted into offices or residential housing after restoration. There is no logical reason to replace those buildings by new ones as long as restoration is possible. Also those buldings can be used as museums by the aid of government funding.

Governments should not let those buildings be knocked down by private individuals or companies. As it is mentioned before, those buildings reflect the history of the nation, the wars they have stood through, regardless of victories or loses. Replacing those buildings with new ones may be a temporary solution for inhabitants but will certainly be the loss of a part of history permanently.

Eventually I believe that governments should look for new areas to provide housing and office for people, instead of knocking down buildings that reflect the history of a nation.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast