Thread: Does ghost exist in this world?

huh? what? i can't hear U snowdrop_14's Avatar
    Paltalk
    snowdrop_14

Default Does ghost exist in this world?

Paltalk
    iPropose

There are plenty of dead people in the morgue, and yes you can see them if you wish to.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdrop_14 View Post
    Does a ghost exist in this world? Can you actually see dead people?
    I believe ghosts exist, and I'm scared of them. If I wanted to make it sound as if I'm not too chicken, I would say that I'm not very comfortable with the idea of seeing ghost or any ghost related phenomena.

I've never seen ghosts, but I've seen and heard the effects, which prove the existence of ghosts, or so I believe. And if you ever happen to be in Làng An Cựu near Huế, you would hear the story of a young lady who sang the lullabies to her baby in the quiet nights. They set up an small altar near the beetlenut tree at the end of the village for her, but the singing didn't stop while I was there. The spooky thing is that sometimes, people could also hear the baby cry.

I don't really know of the truth behind Ma Cà Rồng, Ma Rút Ruột, or even Dracula, but when I'm outside at night, in the middle of nowhere, the thought of the young lady's lullabies got me goosebumps.

I believe ghosts exist. I really do.

Last edited by Bear Lac Loi; Jan 22, 2009 at 03:49 AM.

I don't believe in Ghost because I haven't seen any proof yet. Long time ago I have a weird habit: To walking alone in the road at night, and some people even think that I'm being controlled by some ...ghosts . But I still scare, people scare of what they don't actually know lol. If you ask me to go to sleep in grave yard, I will refuse right away .

@Mr Bear Lac Loi: Your story is scary

Pls correct me If you will

Last edited by thuyquai; Dec 18, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

huh? what? i can't hear U snowdrop_14's Avatar
    Paltalk
    snowdrop_14

I took the liberty to search for the meaning of "ghost" and here is one of the meanings that I have found: Ghost is the soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons. So back to the question, does ghost exist? I believe ghost exist eventhough if I have not seen any yet and have no intention to see one. However, you can't dismiss the existence of ghost simply, because you have not seen the presence of ghost. My question for you is that do you believe in God? Your answer would be more likely to be yes. But have you ever see God? Here is another question that I found to be a little bit more convincing. Have you ever see a million dollars? And yes they "do" existed. We also need to take into account that there is a great number of people claim that they had seen ghosts, and some even say that they're able to communicate with ghost. Aren’t those the evidence of what we have been searching for and aren't they the eye witnesses that ghost exist.

There are plenty of dead people in the morgue, and yes you can see them if you wish to.
    IP it's true, haha however i wasn't thinking of this when i asked the question

Thanks to IP, Bear LL , and thuyquai for the responses

NYC Native Speaker
    Paltalk
    diogr49

Default Do ghosts exist?

It is better to simply say "Do ghosts exist?"

It is not proper to say "DOES GHOST."

It is proper to say "does A GHOST exist."

To add the phrase "in the world" is redundant. Anything and everything which exists is "in the world" in some sense. The phrase "in the world" would suggest that there have been such things as ghosts, just as there were once dinosaurs and giant do do birst, and you are wondering if any of them are still around, somewhere on this planet.

There is the idiomatic expression "Where IN THE WORLD did she go?" "Where in the world is Carmen Santiago (an old game)."

But "where in the world" is sort of an expression of surprise, rather than a question about some location on the planet.

One might ask "Is there really such a thing as a ghost, or are ghosts only imaginary beings in myths and fables."

Speaking of existence, the philosopher Martin Heidegger once said "The most important philosophical question is 'why is there anything at all, rather than simply nothing?' " That is to say, why is there space, time, stars, planets, nebulae, etc. Of course, it is difficult to imagine NOTHINGNESS, since we tend to think by means of visual representations in our mind, our imagination and we connect those representions with written words, spoken sounds, and symbols or signs.

Paltalk
    A Ghost with One Wing

Thanks for your story Mr Bear Lac Loi. I heard a the story like yours but it was not at Lang An Cuu.

I had never believed ghosts exist after two years ago when I read this article on Internet; "Bóng ma xuất hiện khi có sóng hạ âm".
    After reading this article, I reseached some topics about ghosts in some websites. Hơn cả mong đợi ( I don't know this idiom), I found many stories about ghosts which were favorite in the world. When I downloaded some ghosts pictures, I run with Photoshop and I checked every pixel of the image to sure that that picture never was edited before. Many ghostly pictures had took before images-edit-programs were programmed.
    But with me, all that didn't convince me until I saw and heard ghosts in my head last year.
    One time, I talked with a ghost in my head, at that time him- the ghost didn't answer me, but I knew he was very surprise why I could realized him- a ghost in my mind.
    I heard and saw ( felt) at least four times ghosts in my mind. Even though I try to forget them, but each of those memories stood out horribly vividly in my mind.

Many people think that I imagined all that stories about ghost in my mind, I don't care that because I believe ghost exist, even a soul exist in my mind when I was a child.

Last edited by ghost; Jan 19, 2009 at 03:35 PM.