ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Tu-An's corner

LC,

Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is short. Slow down and remember to smile.

I just want to say...

Lol.

I also just want to say...I love to bug people

Dreams vs. fantasies

Once again, I turned to google and dictionary.com to find the differences between dreams and fantasies. According to one website, “All of us have dreams, and if we work diligently toward them, we can make those dreams reality. Fantasy, however, is completely out of touch with reality.” Ouch! According to dictionary.com, fantasy is just “an illusion, hallucination, or phantom.” Double ouchies! Does that mean once you classify something in the fantasy category, forever it will be “out of touch with reality”?

I'm not trying to make u feel sad, disapointed and hopeless but sure it is. Su* tha^.t tuy phu~ pha`ng nhu*ng no' va^n~ la` su* tha^t. Fantasy will always be fantasy. It can never turn into a dream.

"Will you be my Valentine?" What exactly does that mean? You see some people buying candies and cards with that questions and hand them to ... pretty much everyone they know. What does it mean to be someone's Valentine?

There is an article on yahoo's front page about Valentine's Day dates. There is one for the online world.

Maybe it’s better to call first
    “I’d been flirting with a girl long-distance and decided to surprise her on Valentine’s Day by showing up on her doorstep. Through some subtle questioning, I got to know her schedule, and I knew when she’d be home, so I aimed to show up early in the morning just before she’d be heading out. I got there carrying flowers and thinking of the dinner reservations I’d made at a posh restaurant that night. I walked into her apartment building, took the elevator up to her floor, and just as I went to knock on her door it opened. There she was... kissing some other guy! When I caught her eye she said, ‘Omigod!’ but I didn’t hear the rest, since I got out of there as quickly as I could.”
    - Dale, Stamford, CT

interesting...

Oohhh .. found the perfect simple pancake recipe. 1) Don't stir too much 2) Let the mixture sit before you fry

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fluffy-...-2/detail.aspx