ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Got Grammar???

Joey was born on 2nd November 1999. If I remember correctly, it was on Monday at nine pm. Joey was an adorable baby with big round eye and a high forehead.

@_@ How a boring topic ??? where are instructors and members?

Joey was born on November 2nd 1999. If I remember correctly, it was on Monday, at nine o'clock in the evening. Joey was an adorable baby, with big, round eyes and a high forehead.

Sis Jeedy, Can I write "It was on Monday evening at nine o'clock"?

Joey was born on November 2nd 1999. If I remember correctly, it was on monday at nine o'clock in the evening. Joey was an adorable baby with big round eyes and a high forehead.

@eragon009nt,
    "2nd November 1999..." Nêu muốn viết vậy cũng đuợc nhưng Eragon thiếu vài từ. Should be: on the 2nd(second) of November.

@Bobo, yes. You can write it like that. Your sentence is good.

Zizi, Good Job.

Preferred Sentence:
    Joey was born on November 2nd, 1999. If I remember correctly, it was on a Monday at nine o'clock in the evening. Joey was an adorable baby with big, round eyes and a high forehead.

Notice that I put an "a" in front of Monday.
    Nếu mình nói "born on Monday..." dịch ra là "sinh ra thứ hai"
    Nếu mình nói "born on a Monday..." dịch ra là "sinh ra một ngày thứ hai..." Vì cái này là quá khư' nên nói sinh ra một ngày thứ hai nghe đúng hơn.

Also, the correct way to write a specific date is:
    Month day, year. Ex: January 5th, 2008. Có comma.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks sis Jeedy. :-)
    Please give us another sentence for correcting.

Level: Pre-Intermediate

One of my fear is not be able to chew in ice. My parent are experience tooth sensibility they often complains
    about it. I brushes my tooth at least twice daily to prevent cavities and other oral problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeedy View Post

One of my fear is not be able to chew in ice. My parent are experience tooth sensibility they often complains
    about it. I brushes my tooth at least twice daily to prevent cavities and other oral problem.
    One of my fears is not be able to chew ice. My parents had experience of tooth sensibility, they often complain about it. I brush my teeth at least twice a day to prevent cavities and other oral problems.

I am not sure about the second sentence! :p

One of my fears is not be (delete:be) able to chew in (delete: in) ice. My parents are (delete: are) experienced tooth sensibility they often complain about it. I brush my teeth at least twice daily to prevent cavities and other oral problems.

One of my fears is not being able to chew ice. My parents are experiencing tooth sensitivity; they often complain about it. I brush my teeth at least twice daily to prevent cavities and other oral problems.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast