ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Got Grammar???

The kitchen is dirty! The dishes have not being washed. The plate has not been clean. It is too dark to clean them. I need to turn on the light.

The kitchen is so dirty! The dishes have not being washed. The plate has not been clean. Its too dark to clean. I need to turn on the light.

@Bobo, good job. Grade: A

@Zizi, good! Grade: A-

"The plate has not been clean." When you have "has not been" or "have not been" the next verb should be past tense. Example: Has not been played, have not been claimed, has not been opened. So the correct way would be "the plate has not been cleaned."

@eragon, good! Grade: B+

"The dishes have not being washed." Should be, "the dishes have not been washed." If you want to use 'being,' one of the ways to say it would be, "the dishes are not being washed."

"Its too dark to clean." Its is another way of saying cu?a. For example: Its name (ten cu?a), its computer (vi tinh' cu?a...) etc. It's is short for "it is" so the proper way would be "it's (it is) too dark to clean.

Overal, very good.

This is my preferred sentence:
    The kitchen is dirty! The dishes have not been washed. The plates have not been cleaned. It's too dark to clean. I need to turn on the light.

Level: Intermediate:

Did you knew a cockroach can live several week with it’s head cutted off? To be save, squish the cockroach until it’s guts ooze out. To be super save, flush it in the toilet and watch it drowning.

Did you know a cockroach can live in several week with its head cut off? To be save, squish (don't know how to fix) the cockroach until it’s guts ooze out. To be super save, flush it into the toilet and watch it drowning.

Did you know a cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off? To be save, squish the cockroach until its guts ooze out. To be super save, flush it down the toilet and watch it drowning.

Did you know a cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off? To be save, squish the cockroach until its guts ooze out. To be super save, flush it down the toilet and watch it drowning.

I apologize for the late reply. It's been a busy week.

squish - cái từ này ít sài nên không sao. Nhưng ý của Gd là squash, nghĩa là ép, bóp chết. Như là mình đạp nó chết vậy đó.

to be save - it is never correct to say "to be save." Nếu muốn nói đễ được cưú thì "to be saved." Ý của Gd là 'đễ được an toàn' so the correct way would be "to be safe." Safe nghĩa là an toàn, save là cứu, giữ gìn.

..and watch it drowning - Translate: Nhìn nó đang chết đuối, nhưng Gd chỉ muốn nhìn nó chết đuối thoi. Correct way should be "watch it drown."

Very good, everyone.

Correct sentence: Did you know a cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off? To be safe, squash the cockroach until its guts ooze out. To be super safe, flush it down the toilet and watch it drown.

Why don't you give another sentence?

Level: Intermediate

Joey were born in November 2th 1999. If I remember correct, it was in a monday at ninth o'clock at the evening. Joey were a adorable baby with big round eye and a high forehead.

Good luck!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast