ESE Scholarship Thời Khóa Biểu Listening Corner Reading Responses Free Writes! Pronunciation Grammar Poetry Questions & Answers Idioms & Proverbs Programs & Downloads
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Ginger's collection

strawberry pancake.jpg
    ♥ Pancake
    Pancake is a popular cake for breakfast in England, America, Canada, and some European countries. Its name means “a cake fry on a pan”. Depending on area’s cultural food, Pancake has different favours and forms. However, Pancake’s feature is always very tempting because it covered by yellow butter and red fruit syrup. So, according to my mind, strawberry pancake is a lovely gift for our friends in this beautiful season.
    Today, I introduce someone the basic way to make a simple strawberry pancake. It takes our 15 minutes.
    Preparation.
    We will need:
    1.200 gr wheat flour and 7 gr baking powder
    2. 2 eggs
    3. ¼ tablespoon sal
    4. 2 tablespoon butter
    5. 3 tablespoon sugar
    6. 200 ml of milk
    7. Syrup (or Honey) and strawberries
    Step 1: Crack eggs until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients, milk, butter which is completely melted together, and stir well.
    Step 2: Heat your pan with a medium low flame, then pour a large tablespoon batter on to the hot pan. The amount you pour will decide the final size of your pancakes. (Pancake’s diameter is about 15-20cm is the best).
    Cook for about 2 minutes. When you see the pancake is golden and occur bubbles, flip the cake gently. Cook it until golden and remove.
    Step 3: Pour syrup (or honey if you like), add some slice strawberries on top of it.
    Step 4: Enjoy it. ♥

P/S: Dear forum's teachers and constructors,
    This is my first writing for my interesting things (It’s not style for Ielts essays). I wrote to learn vocabulary and grammar. Please help me to continue correct it .Thanks you very much.

Similar Threads:

Other Threads:

Last edited by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey; Sep 21, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

397129_3353823368088_1344041548_3490027_592175847_n.jpg
    For 14.02.2012
    Trích từ Nhật ký những chuyến đi của tôi ( Ngày 15.01.2011 )
    Although, the train was 3 hours later with its schedule but I was so happy to quit this big "steel prison" (you have never known how terrible is it when you travel by train in this occasion). However, I felt better quickly because Hue city welcomes me with some strange and amazing things. That early evening, I put my first food in Hue. It was not any drop of spring rain and was not cold that I imaged before. I bought a Hue’s visitor map and went the nearest hotel that the “ hug -motorbiker” introduced. Then I made some calls to my close friend in highschool, but no one accepted it. So, I decided quickly that I would discovered Huong river by myself this night.
    My hotel is small house which is located beside Hương river. I spent 3 minutes to come Tràng Tiền bridge. To be remote from colorful bridge, it looks gracefully and highlight between the deep blue river that I was immediately immersed in its charm. There is a quite and romantic park around the river, I took a deep breath this softly and fresh air, I felt so excited in here.
    When I walked along the park’s road, I saw the old man was kneeling and tying the woman’s shoes. I guessed they want to go exercise. The man raised his wife up and said that: “you should be relied on my hands and go slowly!”. The woman smiled, hugged his neck, based on his hand and whispered some things with him and it made the man smiled, too. I did not know how to explain my strange love when I saw them. Maybe, I was impressed when I was watching a real images of hustle life, that is not illusion. It was the image of love we looking for, a destination that every one pursued but just few people have been in the end.
    So I moved forward, smiled with them and asked some silly things to made a friend with them. They gave me an amicable smile and we walk together all that night. Oh, I miss the voice of Hue so much, it’s so softly and sweety although so hard to hearing.
    They took me along the river, told me about the secret of stone statue which name is “cô gái Việt Nam” in a middle of part, proudly introduced about the history of a biggest and most famous school in Central area of Việt Nam, then they took me to the night market and the woman bought for my family a chopsticks which made by a best wood and decorated by beautiful mosaic patterns (my father like it very much that he asked me have to sent her some gifts). Finally, the man’s coffee-friend invited me a cup of Hue-coffee and I was interesting to enjoyed almost their stories, from the story why Mr Apple (or some genies) on the earth live by shape of fish, some funny habits, customs of Huer in New Year… to some stories about their son and daughter who had hard life in abroad and especially, by the time, I heard a strange and touching love story that I have never forget.
    And here their story:
    Waoo, I wish I can tell a story of this amazing people by English but I can’t and it makes me a little sad now.
    I will try to completed above story as soon as possible.
    p.s: Ginger viết sai chính tả và ngữ pháp nhiều quá, chưa kịp sửa chữa gì cả. Sorry các bạn nhé !
    p.s.s. a song for 14.02 that Ginger like very much and set my phone ring (a first part)
    Stereo Heart

Last edited by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey; Feb 13, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

How should people feel when they are no longer teenager?
    Today, when I surf my friend’s blog to looking for my essay’s inspiration, I pick up coincidentally her interesting question that I like it immediately. And as all people who prepare to welcome their 20 years old, she scares of new ages, therefore, she wants to be a kid forever.
    According her story, I realize almost people have general trend want to come back their childhood when they become older and older. Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems of life such as they were drawn in messy storm which make them so tired and exhausted that they did not find their true happy, and they seem to get lost in their lonely way. By contrast, when they return their childhood, they feel so happy. Because, in this time, they had lived in the care of someone who really loved them, they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.
    Her question made me remember movie that I watched a long time ago. Its name is “the curious case of Benjamin Button”. The movie is a story about strange opposite journey of one man who lived a life turned upside. When he was a children, he looked like an old and weak man; when he was adult, he looked like a teenage and finally he died as a little baby. This movie is always running through our head, it has the most amazing life lessons. That is life which is a perfect circle. About even they can be a child when they get older but we always have to go through all the important points then end up back where we start. That mean, on our road, all our difficult problems will be repeated by different ways, the lover can not live with our all time and we never know what is coming in the future. So, we should be appreciated and embraced every life’s moment instead of regretting nice memory.
    Finally, sometimes, I like to ask my God please give me ticket to childhood , however, because of his thought that the place is overload and if I want to go there, I have to pay a very expensive fee which I can’t do it. Therefore, in the end of my my life, I am willing to wait his other ticket which take me to the place where is as beautiful as childhood (hope that is the place where everybody always call Heaven).
    P/s: Dear "HB",
    Hope my new writing does not make you feel so messy.
    However,it is honestly to say that I'm so scared of your next comments about my grammar.
    Anyway, thanks you so much for your previous message.

Last edited by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey; Feb 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey View Post
    How should people feel when they are no longer teenager?
    Today, when I surf my friend’s blog to looking for my essay’s inspiration, I pick up coincidentally her interesting question that I like it immediately. And as all people who prepare to welcome their 20 years old, she scares of new ages, therefore, she wants to be a kid forever.
    According her story, I realize almost people have general trend want to come back their childhood when they become older and older. Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems of life such as they were drawn in messy storm which make them so tired and exhausted that they did not find their true happy, and they seem to get lost in their lonely way. By contrast, when they return their childhood, they feel so happy. Because, in this time, they had lived in the care of someone who really loved them, they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.
    Her question made me remember movie that I watched a long time ago. Its name is “the curious case of Benjamin Button”. The movie is a story about strange opposite journey of one man who lived a life turned upside. When he was a children, he looked like an old and weak man; when he was adult, he looked like a teenage and finally he died as a little baby. This movie is always running through our head, it has the most amazing life lessons. That is life which is a perfect circle. About even they can be a child when they get older but we always have to go through all the important points then end up back where we start. That mean, on our road, all our difficult problems will be repeated by different ways, the lover can not live with our all time and we never know what is coming in the future. So, we should be appreciated and embraced every life’s moment instead of regretting nice memory.
    Finally, sometimes, I like to ask my God please give me ticket to childhood , however, because of his thought that the place is overload and if I want to go there, I have to pay a very expensive fee which I can’t do it. Therefore, in the end of my my life, I am willing to wait his other ticket which take me to the place where is as beautiful as childhood (hope that is the place where everybody always call Heaven).
    However,it is honestly to say that I'm so scared of your next comments about my grammar.
    Today, when I surf my friend’s blog to looking (look) for my essay’s inspiration, I pick up coincidentally her interesting question that I like it (delete: it) immediately. And as all people who prepare to welcome their 20 years old, she scares (was scared) of new ages, therefore, she wants to be a kid forever. (Use the past tense in this passage since you’re talking about subject that has already happened.)
    According her story, I realize almost (that most) people have general trend (tend to) want to come back (go back to) their childhood when they become older and older. (delete the period) Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems of (in) life such as (as if) they were drawn in (add: a) messy storm (comma) which make (makes) them so tired and exhausted that they did not (cannot) find their true happy (happiness), and they seem to get lost in their lonely way. By contrast, when they return (add: to) their childhood, they feel so happy. (delete the period) Because, in this time, they had lived (use the simple past tense) in the care of someone who really loved them, (semicolon) they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.

Her question made me remember movie (reminded me the movie) that I watched a long time ago. Its name is “the curious case of Benjamin Button” (Capitalize words except for articles and prepositions in a title). The movie is a story about strange opposite journey of one man who lived a life turned upside (what do you mean? Could it be: “It is about the story of a man who lived his life in a reversed order”?). When he was a children (child), he looked like an old and weak man; when he was adult, he looked like a teenage (teenager)(comma) and finally he died as a little baby (He was born with the appearance of an old man. As he grew older in age, he became younger in both look and mentality, and finally, he died as a baby). This movie is always running through our head, (semicolon) it has the most amazing life lessons (lesson). That is life which is a perfect circle. About even they can be a child when they get older but we always have to go through all the important points then end up back where we start (I’m not sure what you meant). That mean, on our road (journey of life), all our difficult problems will be repeated by (in) different ways, (period)the lover can not live with our all time (those that we love cannot be with us all the time)(comma) and we never know what is coming in the future. So (Therefore), we should be appreciated and embraced (should appreciate and embrace) every life’s moment instead of regretting (reminiscing or yearning for) nice memory (memories).

Finally, sometimes, I like to ask my God (add: to) please give me (add: a) ticket to childhood , (semicolon) however, because of his thought that the place is overload (overloaded) and if I want to go there, I have to pay a very expensive fee which I can’t do it (cannot afford). Therefore, in (at) the end of my my (delete: my) life, I am willing to wait (add: for) his other ticket (comma) which take me to the place where (that) is as beautiful as (add: my) childhood (hope that is the place where everybody always call Heaven (I believe that this is where people call Heaven)).

However, it is honestly to say that I'm so scared of your next comments about my grammar.

--- o0o ---

I found your thinking quite special. You have nice thoughts but grammatically, the writing is not one of your best!

Today, when I surf my friend’s blog to look for my essay’s inspiration, I pick up coincidentally her interesting question that I like immediately. And as all people who prepare to welcome their 20 years old, she was scared of new age; therefore, she wants to be a kid forever.
    According her story, I realize that most of the people (most people) tend to want to go back to their childhood when they become older and older. Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems in life as if they were drawn in a messy storm, which makes them so tired and exhausted that they cannot find their true happiness, and they seem to get lost in their lonely way. By contrast, when they return to their childhood, they feel so happy. Because, in this time, they lived in the care of someone who really loved them; they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.
    Her question reminded me the movie that I watched a long time ago. Its name is “The curious case of Benjamin Button”. It is about the story of a man who lived his life in a reversed order. When he was a child, he looked like an old and weak man; when he was adult, he looked like a teenager, and finally he died as a little baby. This movie is always running through our head; it has the most amazing life lesson. That is life which is perfect circle of the clock. In this, even you can be a child when you get older but you always have to go through all the important points then end up back where we start. That mean, on our journey of life, all our difficult problems will be repeated in different ways, those that we love cannot be with us all the time, and we never know what is coming in the future. Therefore, we should appreciate and embrace every life’s moment instead of reminiscing or yearning for nice memories.

Finally, sometimes, I like to ask my God to please give me a ticket to childhood; however, because of his thought that the place is overloaded and if I want to go there, I have to pay a very expensive fee which I cannot afford. Therefore, at the end of my life, I am willing to wait for his other ticket, which takes me to the place that is as beautiful as my childhood (I believe that this is where people call Heaven).

He was born with the appearance of an old man. As he grew older in age, he became younger in both look and mentality, and finally, he died as a baby.
    I like the way you write, it is so great and professional, although I am not sure it is alright because in this film his character’s mentality grew in normal state.
    I found your thinking quite special. You have nice thoughts but grammatically, the writing is not one of your best!
    Thank you so much. I will try to make it better as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey View Post
    When he was a child, he looked like an old and weak man; when he was adult, he looked like a teenager, and finally he died as a little baby.

He was born with the appearance of an old man. As he grew older in age, he became younger in both look and mentality, and finally, he died as a baby.

I like the way you write, it is so great and professional, although I am not sure it is alright because in this film his character’s mentality grew in normal state.
    Oops, I got it! I was confused because of the term, "he died as a baby," which means when he died, he was a baby. However, you meant that he died like a baby died, but his mental state is still of an old man.

If that's the case, I would like to rephrase the sentence as, "He was born with the appearance of an old man. As he grew older in age, his figure became younger, and finally, he died in the body of a baby."

Is it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Lac Loi View Post
    Oops, I got it! I was confused because of the term, "he died as a baby," which means when he died, he was a baby. However, you meant that he died like a baby died, but his mental state is still of an old man.

If that's the case, I would like to rephrase the sentence as, "He was born with the appearance of an old man. As he grew older in age, his figure became younger, and finally, he died in the body of a baby."

Is it better?
    Of course, It is great, HB! I take my hat off to you, dear

Last edited by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey; Feb 21, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Ginger,

I have a short quiz (test) for you.

In this paragraph:
    According her story, I realize that most of the people (most people) tend to want to go back to their childhood when they become older and older. Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems in life as if they were drawn in (into) a messy storm, which makes them so tired and exhausted that they cannot find their true happiness, and they seem to get lost in their lonely way.

1. What is the difference between “most of the people” and “most people” in this sentence? Why shouldn’t we use “most of the people” in this case?

2. Why shouldn’t we use a period before “because”?

3. If we do not use a period before “because”, the sentence is too long. How would you break it down?

In this paragraph:
    By contrast, when they return to their childhood, they feel so happy. Because, in this time, they lived in the care of someone who really loved them; they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.

4. In your first writing, you did not have the word “to” after “return”. Why did I add “to” to it? Without “to”, will the meaning of the sentence change?

5. Why shouldn’t we use a period before “because”?

In this sentence:
    Its name is “The curious case of Benjamin Button”.

6. Why should we capitalize “C” in “Curious” and “Case”? Should we capitalize “o” in “of”?

In this paragraph:
    That mean, on our journey of life, all our difficult problems will be repeated in different ways, those that we love cannot be with us all the time, and we never know what is coming in the future.

7. What is the subject of “mean”? (I missed pointing out that mistake when correcting your writing.)

8. Why shouldn’t we use a comma to separate two independent sentences without a conjunction? Which punctuation is best in this this case?

9. Did you ask yourself these same questions when you read my corrections?

--- o0o ---

It may take a while to research and answer the questions. Take your time.

Last edited by Bear Lac Loi; Feb 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

That is life which is perfect circle of the clock. In this, even you can be a child when you get older but you always have to go through all the important points then end up back where we start.
    Thank you Ginger, I watched this movie one year ago but I haven't understood the meaning of that movie until now. . That is really nice feeling.

In this paragraph:
    According her story, I realize that most of the people (most people) tend to want to go back to their childhood when they become older and older. Because, in their reality, people had to face with many complicated problems in life as if they were drawn in (into) a messy storm, which makes them so tired and exhausted that they cannot find their true happiness, and they seem to get lost in their lonely way.
    1. What is the difference between “most of the people” and “most people” in this sentence? Why shouldn’t we use “most of the people” in this case?
    We shouldn’t use “most of the people” because:Although, both “most of the people” and “most people” mean “hầu hết mọi người” but:
    + “Most of the people” is used when we talk about specific group of people.
    + “Most people” is used when we talk about a large, general group. It includes all the people everywhere.
    2. Why shouldn’t we use a period before “because”?
    We shouldn’t use a period before “because” because “because” is a conjunction which links these ideas in close sentence.
    We shouldn’t use a period before “because” because “because” is a conjunction which links these ideas in close sentence.

3. If we do not use a period before “because”, the sentence is too long. How would you break it down?
    Can I replace “because” by “admittedly”?

In this paragraph:
    By contrast, when they return to their childhood, they feel so happy. Because, in this time, they lived in the care of someone who really loved them; they were treated fairly and their mind was peaceful without any fear and worry.
    4. In your first writing, you did not have the word “to” after “return”. Why did I add “to” to it? Without “to”, will the meaning of the sentence change?
    I think “return to” mean “go back to” and “return” mean "on the way to go back" right ?

5. Why shouldn’t we use a period before “because”?
    Can I change above sentence that:
    By contrast, all people would feel peaceful and happy when they returned to their childhood where they got the honest cares and fairly treatments from their lovers.

In this sentence:
    Its name is “The curious case of Benjamin Button”.
    6. Why should we capitalize “C” in “Curious” and “Case”? Should we capitalize “o” in “of”?
    I am very confused with this question. Can you help me to explain it, please ?

In this paragraph:
    That mean, on our journey of life, all our difficult problems will be repeated in different ways, those that we love cannot be with us all the time, and we never know what is coming in the future.
    7. What is the subject of “mean”? (I missed pointing out that mistake when correcting your writing.)
    8. Why shouldn’t we use a comma to separate two independent sentences without a conjunction? Which punctuation is best in this case?
    It means that, on our journey of life, all our difficult problems will be repeated in different ways; those that we love cannot be with us all the time and we never know what is coming in the future.

9. Did you ask yourself these same questions when you read my corrections?
    No, I did not. To be honestly, when I read your correction, I usually think it is a formal sentence. Therefore, I did not ask myself these familiar “W” questions as “who”, “what”, “where”, “when”, “why”. I have just remembered it and tried to apply it in next sentence. Perhaps, It seem to be a wrong way.
    --- o0o ---

Thank you so much, Bear . This correction help me to understand many my problems.
    ----o0o----
    Thank you Ginger, I watched this movie one year ago but I haven't understood the meaning of that movie until now. . That is really nice feeling.
    Tks you, congaubong . Just my random thoughts.

Last edited by Ginger_Tea_ &_ Honey; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast