PDA

View Full Version : Student of the Week - Hoc Sinh Cham Chi Nhat

Pages : [1] 2

ami-jjang
Feb 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
The weekly "Student of the Week" has ended since July 7th. Hope everyone did have a great and FUN time reviewing from this session.

Student of the Week (Month) / Học Sinh Chăm Chú Nhất

Click on any week to see questions & answers.
Bấm lệnh để xem câu hỏi & câu trả lời.

Week of 01/28/07 - 02/03/07 }}}}}}}}}} emlinh {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 02/04/07 - 02/10/07 }}}}}}}}}} chutucau_2 {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 02/18/07 - 02/24/07 }}}}}}}}}} cuong_vm84 {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 02/25/07 - 03/03/07 }}}}}}}}}} hathupt {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 03/04/07 - 03/10/07 }}}}}}}}}} snowdrop_14 {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1391)
Week of 03/11/07 - 03/17/07 }}}}}}}}}} snowdrop_14 {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1390)
Week of 03/18/07 - 03/24/07 }}}}}}}}}} anhhailua2004 {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1375)

Month of March }}}}}}}}}} blue_moons_1 {{{{{{{{{{

Week of 04/08/07 - 04/14/07 }}}}}}}}}} choconlongxu {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1577)
Week of 04/15/07 - 04/21/07 }}}}}}}}}} tinhtientutoi_11 {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1576)

Month of April }}}}}}}}}} layla_086 {{{{{{{{{{

Week of 04/29/07 - 05/05/07 }}}}}}}}}} Chuotconchitchitcc {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1728)
Week of 05/06/07 - 05/12/07 }}}}}}}}}} lovelypinkie {{{{{{{{{{ (http://vietnhothuong.com/englishsharing/viewtopic.php?t=1729)

Week of 05/20/07 - 05/26/07 }}}}}}}}}} layla_086 {{{{{{{{{{

Month of May }}}}}}}}}} hminh_1 {{{{{{{{{{

Week of 06/03/07 - 06/09/07 }}}}}}}}}} minh quan online {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 06/10/07 - 06/16/07 }}}}}}}}}} thuthuy_NT {{{{{{{{{{
Week of 06/17/07 - 06/23/07 }}}}}}}}}} FaFach_80 {{{{{{{{{{

Month of June }}}}}}}}}} snowdrop_14 {{{{{{{{{{

Schedule:

Saturday at 6:00PM-8:00M (Pacific Time) or Sunday 8:00AM-10:00AM (VN Time)

Description:

The goal of the Student of the Week (Month) is to review the classes during the week (month). The questions will be based on the class materials and will be in three forms: multiple choice, short answer and pronunciation.Anyone can join to see what he/she has understood from the past classes. To join, please raise your hand then wait for your turn. If it is your first question, you have the right to request the question based from which teacher. The more points you earn, the harder the questions. At 10:00PM student with the most points will be Student of the Week (Month), the most studious student. His/her name will be honored above.

Rules:
1. You have 30 seconds to answer each question.
2. Please refrain from answering until the competing student answers.
3. If you are previous Student of the Week, you may join but will not earn points.

Let's review the classes together!!! :)

Tạm Dịch Ra Tiếng Việt:

Chương trình "Student of the Week" đã kết thúc từ ngày 7 Tháng 7. Mong là mọi người đã được có những ngày vui vẻ lúc ôn bài lại trong những ngày vừa qua.

Giờ Thi:

Thứ Bảy 6:00PM-8:00M (Giờ Thái Bình) hoặc Chủ Nhật 8:00AM-10:00AM (Giờ Việt Nam)

Chi Tiết:

Phần thi này là để giúp các bạn ôn lại bài trong tuần (tháng). Câu hỏi sẽ được căn cứ theo bài học và có ba loại: nhiều lựa chọn, lời đáp ngắng gọn và phát âm. Bất cứ ai cũng có thể tham gia để biết mình đã học hiểu được gì rồi. Nếu bạn muốn tham gia thì giơ tay lên rồi đợi đến phiên. Nếu là câu hỏi đầu tiên của bạn, bạn có thể yêu cầu câu hỏi về lớp của thầy cô nào. Bạn càng lấy được nhiều điểm thì câu hỏi càng khó. Lúc đúng 10:00PM học sinh được nhiều điểm nhất sẽ trở thành Student of the Week (Month), là học sinh chăm chú nhất. Tên của bạn sẽ được danh dự o trên.

Luật Lệ:

1. Bạn có 30 giây để trả lời mỗi câu hỏi.
2. Các bạn khác xin đừng trả lời cho đến khi người bạn đang thi trả lời.
3. Nếu bạn đã được nhanh dự Student of the Week trước kia rồi, bạn có thể tham gia nhưng mà sẽ không tính điểm.

Mình hãy cùng nhau ôn bài nhé!!! :)

OoSoOSwtJenna
Oct 25, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone,

This weekly event was created by one of our dearest room owners Ami-Jang. I was browsing through old posts at work, and stumbled to this thread which caught my interest. I believed this is a great way for students, operators, and instructors to get involve/interact with one another. In addition, it is a great way to review what you have learned throughout the week while having fun and encourage the student to advance in their studies. I will go over the rules and information for this weekly event in tonight's class at 8:00pm Cali/10:00am VN time. In the mean time, you can look over the details provided by Ami-jang.

http://tienganh.net/ese/653/

When: Every Sunday
Where: English Sharing Experience room
Time: 8:00pm - 10:00pm Cali <> Monday 10:00am - 12:00pm VN
Host: OoSoOSwtJenna
Prize: 2 hours of private tutoring
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all instructors,

If anyone is interested in this event, please post all your class materials in the instructor's section (ESE forum) after every lesson as a review study guide for the students to go back and practice the lesson. In addition to posting your material, please come up with two to three questions with answers related to your lesson. At the end of the week, I will compile all the questions to have a complete list. The prize for the winner will be two hours of private tutoring; therefore, I humbly request all the scheduled and floating instructors to volunteer a private tutor session for the winner on a weekly basis. This does not mean you will be tutoring every week. For those who participate, I will alternate (rotation) the tutoring session and you and the winner will setup a situable time for the private tutoring session. If you have time and/or interested in helping, please sign-up as one of the designated tutor. Simply reply to this thread or contact me on Paltalk. Your time and dedication to helping the students is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The first event will be held on Sunday November 1st, 2009

See you all tonight,

Jenna :)

This award could be in your name....
http://eseonline.net/staff/Jenna/Award.pdf

TieuThoBuiDoi
Oct 26, 2009, 01:15 AM
Hello All,
To encourage all of you , I am volunteering to help tutor the winner in private for two hours. Good luck & take notes!

sweet lion
Oct 26, 2009, 02:53 AM
That's sound very great sis Jenna and Sis Tieu Tho. Tomorow I will wake up early to join the class. Thank you for your information. :)

m_la_m
Oct 26, 2009, 07:51 AM
Okie dokie, I am more than happy to sign up for this and good luck to the winner.

M

DailyNews-
Oct 26, 2009, 07:55 AM
This is a very good method for monitoring the progress of the students from the ESE lessons and the effectiveness of the lessons being conducted. This activity also provides somewhat of a feedback for the instructors based on how well the students can recall what they have learn. More importantly, this activity will also help improve class organization and in turn students will learn more effectively. I am glad to volunteer to be a tutor for those students who put in the effort, because they deserve that special attention. Hopefully more instructors will consider this activity.

Cheers,
Dailynews-

HcVcT
Oct 26, 2009, 08:13 AM
ok... I'm in ... noticed, signed, and noted ... good luck to the winner... and I pity the one that would be tutored by me... ;)

blue_moons_1
Oct 26, 2009, 09:01 AM
I'm so excited that the game is back ;). Today, most everyone knows me as op/floating instructor in ESE, but not many of you know that three years ago, I was just a beginner student, at A B C level in English :). First, I was hesitated to sign up for the game because of the big doubt of my English skill in my mind. So, I decided to sit back and observe.
The game was unbelievably crowded and exciting. Everyone was fascinated by how educated, unexpected and funny the questions and the answers could be.
My hesitation was soon vanished by the thrill of the game, and I thought " it doesn't hurt to try." So I signed up for the game one week and I failed at the very last question. I got disappointed, but I realized how much I've learned through the game. It really took a lot to be the winner. It showed how much one had to study and pay attention to diffrent classes during one week. I signed up for the second time for " Student of the month" and I won. I worked hard and I got it, so can you!!!
This game is designed to help you to be educated, to learn to pay attention, to pronounce, to memorize, to comprehend, and to master your English skills. I can't wait to see you at the game... Let's study, play and ace it, my friends ;):khi89:
@ Jenna
Yes, dear, let me know the timing...:)

VienXu21
Oct 26, 2009, 02:21 PM
This is a wonderful idea so I will volunteer two hours to help private tutor the winner.

sweet lion
Oct 26, 2009, 11:22 PM
May I ask how many students can be the winner because I saw that there are 7 intructors volunteered in here. :). By the way, I couldn't see the picture of ami-jjang's post. :(

OoSoOSwtJenna
Oct 27, 2009, 02:47 AM
May I ask how many students can be the winner because I saw that there are 7 intructors volunteered in here. :). By the way, I couldn't see the picture of ami-jjang's post. :(

There can only be ONE student of the week (1 winner per week). Those volunteered instructors are on a rotation schedule. For example, if I am available to tutor this week, I will be the designated instructor to private tutor the winner. Then the next week will be another instructor and so forth. I hope that clear up the confusion Jenni and see you next week. Good luck! :)

picotee_mi
Oct 27, 2009, 03:47 AM
I"m volunteerrrrrrrrrrr.... 2 hours to improve speaking skill. But I just have free time at night( eastern time). Anyone want to join?

to hy
Oct 27, 2009, 04:05 AM
I'll double the duration and help on his/her demand at any time which is not on my class's schedule.

Tu-An
Oct 27, 2009, 06:19 AM
This is so nice. So many volunteers. If we have the same number of instructors volunteer for 2 hours a week like that, we won't have any gap in our schedule. ;)

OoSoOSwtJenna
Oct 27, 2009, 07:33 AM
This is so nice. So many volunteers. If we have the same number of instructors volunteer for 2 hours a week like that, we won't have any gap in our schedule. ;)

Hahaha....you read my mind dear, so does that mean you are volunteering to be one of the tutor for this weekly event dear? I take that as a YES. :)

OoSoOSwtJenna
Oct 28, 2009, 10:23 PM
Thầy ll DonCoi ll has agreed to be one of the designated tutors. Thank you DC for your help and dedication sir. :)

OoSoOSwtJenna
Nov 1, 2009, 09:06 PM
Hello everyone,

For this week's student of the week prize will be two hours private tutoring with thầy Dailynews-. I hope everyone had been studying religiously and had written down what you had learned for this week. To all instructors, if I may ask you to come up 4 to 5 questions including the answers for your class lesson this week. I will use those questions to ask the students. Once again, at the end of the event, the one with the most points (answered questions) will be the winner. If you have any question or comment, don't hesitate to ask me. :)

See you all tonight/morning,

Jenna

*FYI: Student of the week will starts at scheduled time, which is Sunday 08:00PM Cali/Monday 10:00AM Vietnam time.

Learnr
Nov 2, 2009, 02:51 PM
Can I contribute a certificate design?

OoSoOSwtJenna
Nov 2, 2009, 07:45 PM
Can I contribute a certificate design?

Yes you can Learnr. Lolz are you disappointed with your certificate?

Learnr
Nov 3, 2009, 06:56 AM
Does this look good?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/11/2/2634281/Student%20of%20the%20Week.pdf

OoSoOSwtJenna
Nov 3, 2009, 08:13 AM
OMG LEarnnnnnnnnnnnnnnr dep qua di nhe'. But is there a way you can make the light bulb the same color like the one in the forum, or even better can you put some color in it. It looks so black and white like in the 50's lolz. I think it's blue and green. I'll save this one in the mean time. :)

Learnr
Nov 3, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hmm... in my experience, a professional certificate always looks monochromatic like that. But if you like colors, below is another version.

http://i34.tinypic.com/11se8gx.jpg

OoSoOSwtJenna
Nov 3, 2009, 10:28 AM
OMG Learnr, I asked for some colors, but instead you gave me a third grader certificate jk dear. OK sorry to sound bossy and picky, but can you remove the board colors on the stars and just leave the light bulb and ESE name in color. Thank you dear. :)

Learnr
Nov 4, 2009, 04:42 AM
You're hard to please, sis. :binhsua_47:
(I like the second certificate and will be happy to receive it, by the way)
http://i38.tinypic.com/15d2tmv.jpg

8TieuMieu8
Nov 4, 2009, 04:53 AM
Để bóng đèn ESE thay cho ngôi sao và cái khung nào bớt uốn éo đi được ko Learnr, sẽ cố gắng giành vài cái in ra treo cho đẹp :p

cái pic cuối cùng không nhìn thấy