PDA

View Full Version : In need of a helping hand!!!

m_la_m
Mar 31, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am bypassing everyone by posting this message (biting my tongue that I don't get in trouble). Anyhow, I am asking for a helping hand to find ways to raise money for ESE's scholarship fund and the scholarship itself. By doing so here are some suggestions that I could think of so far.

1. Announce - by that I mean:
a. ESE's instructor to announce a brief information about the scholarship before or after their class. (All ESE instructors should be on the same page with the information.)
b. Send email to everyone and ask to pass it along.
c. Let it be known to people you know that this scholarship exist, you never know who would lend a hand right? :)
2. Have we try a fund raising online? I have been noticing that everyone is starting to get a hang of our different games in the room, do you think we could do something like this to raise money?

Suggestions please!!!

I thank you everyone in advance for your feedback.

JK
Apr 1, 2009, 01:16 AM
1. ESE should record a "citizenship test audio CD", make copies and sell them for $5/each.

2. Ipropose should apply for an account with google adsense using ESE.Scholarship@gmail.com, and I'll have it post somewhere on our forum.. to earn some money from google advertising. Of course, money will go to our paypal account at ESE.Scholarship@gmail.com.

OoSoOSwtJenna
Apr 1, 2009, 02:46 AM
1. ESE should record a "citizenship test audio CD", make copies and sell them for $5/each.

2. Ipropose should apply for an account with google adsense using ESE.Scholarship@gmail.com, and I'll have it post somewhere on our forum.. to earn some money from google advertising. Of course, money will go to our paypal account at ESE.Scholarship@gmail.com.

That is a great idea Mr. JK.....If you need someone to record the citizenship CD, I'll be gladly to do that :)

gdpt-
Apr 1, 2009, 03:37 AM
Perhaps we can imitate a relay race similar to the "fight against cancer - Relay For Life" but incorporate it into the ESE room. Relays are an overnight event, up to 24 hours or few days in length.

For example, we can dedicate a whole week to holding classes 24/7. I've noticed there are empty slots where classes need to be filled in. Within that week, depending on the number of sponsors, we can promise to have classes running 24/7. What this means is, you would have to hold classes base on the number of sponsors you get, even at 4AM. Since it's a fundraising, you'll have to sacrifice your sleeping hours and dedicate your time to the ESE room.

For example, I can say "...for every $5 dollars, I will hold class for an hour." So, if you get $30 dollars in donations, you would have to hold classes for 6 hours. Once we get enough participants and sponsors, we can arrange it so that the classes will be running 24/7 within that week, without any pauses in between.

I think this method is pretty beneficial to both the students and the ESE Scholarship...

BTW, I will move this post into "ESE Scholarship - Suggestions & Ideas" so people can easily find it.

iPropose
Apr 22, 2009, 01:45 AM
I was asked last week to search for an idea for another fun activity and fundraising event for the scholarship and so here it is

Teacher Torture Fundraising*

We'll need as many instructors/operators/admins as possible who are willing to participate - no party poopers!

We can have everyone voting on several different appropriate activies (or come up with a list of activities) that each of the instructor/operator/admin/member have to do or perform. Then we'll put the polls up so everyone can "vote" by donating the money for a specific person with an activity to perform (kind of like "bidding" but each vote will cost a certain amount of money minimum--preferrably small so that everyone can participate). At the end of the "bidding/voting" for each activity, the participant who has the most bids/votes will have to do the task.

I know that for this event, instructors/operators/admins who participate are actually walking the plank by putting themselves out there. However, if we could pick just the fun, healthy and appropriate activities, it'll be a fun experience for everyone.

*Idea adopted from the Middle School Student Council (Piedmont, Oklahoma)

iPropose
Apr 22, 2009, 01:46 AM
That is a great idea Mr. JK.....If you need someone to record the citizenship CD, I'll be gladly to do that :)

Are we still going to do this? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Will have the account set up as soon as i can.

OoSoOSwtJenna
Apr 22, 2009, 04:22 AM
Are we still going to do this? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Will have the account set up as soon as i can.

Yes we are sis IP, but I don't see any buyers :( Unless you want to buy a copy lolz it's $5. Once you setup the account nudge me sis.

Tu-An
Apr 22, 2009, 04:42 AM
Somehow, I thought IP was talking about google adsense.